Ressortissant britannique (ou famille) installé en France avant le 31 décembre 2020 : vous avez jusqu’au 30 juin pour faire votre demande de titre de séjour en ligne

You are a british citizen

Domestic pet carnivores

Enim excusatio est et minime accipienda

Since January 1, 2021, the United Kingdom has been a third country to the European Union. EU law has ceased to apply in the UK.

Transporting pet domestic carnivores (dogs, cats, ferrets) requires additional formalities and checks that you should anticipate.

You are concerned if you are a British citizen who wishes to travel to France with his pet; if you are a UK citizen residing in France who wishes to travel to the UK with your pet.

Didn't find the answers to your questions on this page? You can contact us at the following address:

  • Imprimer


asked questions

  • What are the rules for travelling with carnivorous pet animals (dogs, cats, ferrets) from the UK to France ?
  • In accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement (Article 24), the following provisions of European Union law continue to apply to British nationals: "the right not to be discriminated against on grounds of nationality in with regard to employment, remuneration and other working and employment conditions" as well as "the right to take up an activity and to exercise it in accordance with the rules applicable to nationals of the host State or working status" (Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union).

    British nationals remain, pursuant to Article 24 of the Withdrawal Agreement, "assimilated" to European citizens with regard to the specific rights granted to salaried workers for British nationals who entered the public service before 1 January 2021. Thus the rights of workers (concept understood in the broad sense which covers civil servants) as guaranteed by Article 45 of the TFEU are preserved by the Withdrawal Agreement. They can exercise under the same conditions as European citizens. In addition, the same reservations accepted for European citizens apply to them: they cannot occupy a post whose attributions are inseparable from the exercise of sovereignty or involve a direct or indirect participation in the exercise of prerogatives of power public of the State or other public authorities

    The rights arising from their status as civil servants or public officials of British nationals who became civil servants or public officials in France before 31 December 2020 are therefore maintained, in particular with regard to access to the civil service or career development without that the loss of the quality of European national cannot be opposed to them.

  • What are the rules for travelling with carnivorous pet animals (dogs, cats, ferrets) from France to the UK?
  • British nationals who have not made use of their right to free movement in France before the date of 31/12/2020 and are therefore not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, have been applied since 1 January 2021, the provisions applicable to the public service for nationals of third countries: they can therefore be recruited as contract workers without being able to access sovereign posts, pursuant to Articles 3-1 of Decree No. 86-83 of 17 January 1986, 2-1 of decree n°88-145 of February 15, 1988 and 3-1 of decree n° 91-155 of February 6, 1991.