Ressortissant britannique (ou famille) installé en France avant le 31 décembre 2020 : vous avez jusqu’au 30 juin pour faire votre demande de titre de séjour en ligne

you are a British citizen

How to prepare for Brexit?

Changes are coming on 1 January!

On 30 December 2020, the EU and UK signed a trade and cooperation agreement which will determine the rules that apply from 1 January 2021 to relations between the EU and the UK in a number of areas.

Since 1 January 2021, although an agreement has been reached, major changes must be taken into consideration.

One such change is that EU rules on free movement will no longer applies to travel to and from the UK.

If you are a British citizen living, working or studying in France, or if you wish to travel or work in France since January 1st, this site helps you adjust to these changes.

Pursuant to the withdrawal agreement, you will be required to hold a “withdrawal agreement” residence permit.

The website for submitting residence applications is closed as of 4 October 2021. You are required to hold a residence permit from 1 January 2022. Until that date, all rights acquired as EU citizens are maintained.

This part of the website has links to the pages dealing with all the issues with which you may encounter, depending on your personal circumstances. If you cannot find information relating to your situation, there is a Brexit contact in each ministry who deals with all the relevant subjects.